[linux-audio-user] SCORE for UNIX/Linux ?

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jul 19 03:19:54 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Dave Phillips wrote:

>   Today's goal: MusicTeX, maybe using Lyx (?) for a front-end. Anyone
> here have any experience with MusicTeX or any member of its family ?

Because NoteEdit exports all ASCII based musical typesetting formats
(except M-Tx) I have enforcedly some MusiXTeX knowledge.

Long time ago the LyX devolpers contacted me and asked for
some additional functionallity in NoteEdit to make it useable
for LyX. To tell the truth: I didn't comprehend why exactly
they requested this. As far as I can remember this they
planned a clickable "score" sign which should signal musical score
inside a LaTeX text. Clicking this sign should launch NoteEdit.

I cannot say what happend with these plans. But the requested
NoteEdit features are present.

 -----

Still a "musical score" tip:

  http://abcplus.sourceforge.net