[linux-audio-user] Jack 0.95 Mandrake 10.0 Rc1, Kernel 2.6.2, alsa, etc...

aacton at yorku.ca aacton at yorku.ca
Thu Mar 18 17:32:26 EST 2004

Quoting Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net>:

> Been trying to get a system up with the newest kernel in Mandrake's
> distro 10.0 rc 1.

It would be much nicer if you'd try 10.0 final first.

> I'm running a Shuttle AK39n Mobo w/ via chipset, Athalon XP 2500,
> 512RAM.
> I see Alsa load drivers but have no sound as yet.

Which sound module is it?  (snd-xxx)
Volume controls are up?
What happens when you try to play sound with xmms using the alsa output?
What about the oss output?

> I run Jackd from Qjackctl...runs first time as user. If I stop it, it
> wont start again.

Very odd.  I've never heard of that.
Does the same thing happen when running jackd from the command line?

Austin