[linux-audio-user] Linux and Standards

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Tue Nov 2 19:36:41 EST 2004

Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> writes:

> LOL!! Quality Control in Linux software?!?! There ain't no such
> thing!! This stuff just gets pumped out by developers and user are the
> quality control division.

Some of us try to do better.  I've seen a study (in a recent ACM
Journal article) indicating that OSS is neither better nor worse than
proprietary code in this respect.  It all depends on the quality of
the implementation and the skill of the developers.  Testing remains
one of the least-understood aspects of the art of computer
programming.

Plenty of commercial developers release poorly-tested crap, too.
--
  joq