Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Marek Peteraj marpet at naex.sk
Sun Nov 28 13:10:35 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 15:22, tim hall wrote:
> Last Sunday 28 November 2004 15:48, Marek Peteraj was like:
> > Why the heck should we *always* understand them? Why can't they
> > understand *us*?
>
> Because it's a two way process, which involves building trust.
>
> I do fully understand your points about supporting the LADs that actually do
> all the work and the importance of persuading everyone to move to an Open
> Source model. The point is, that if we take the onus of responsibility, then
> we remain in control of the process and stand a chance of winning over the
> doubters through positive education.

I used to believe in this too.
The positive education always somehow turns out to be sucking up to the
manufacturers.
Now the only chance for us i think is to just be rough, proud and treat
the manufacturers the way they deserve. The more people=customers or
potential customers do so, the better chance, and that doesn't concern
just this one issue. We're the ones who pay.
And if audioscience can provide it, so can anybody else.

Marek