[linux-audio-user] Sample Rate Conversions (was: Converting sample rate: failed...)

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Sep 29 18:19:08 EDT 2004

Last Wednesday 29 September 2004 13:59, R Parker was like:
> David, I support the right to share knowledge and
> express opinion but I think you need to do a better
> job of it. Claiming that Erik is wrong, puts the
> impetus of proof on you. It's your responsibility to
> provide direct qoutes with publication titles and page
> numbers. A failure to demonstrate your arguments and
> show test results becomes a knock against your
> credibility.
>
> Erik has made a siginificant contribution that many of
> us need. I imagine alot of people have followed this
> thread and would like it to either end, or resolve
> with a positive and intellectually compelling tact.
>
> David, I'm a satisfied user of Erik's code and will
> continue happily using it. I imagine that statement in
> your opinion is an admission of ignorance but I'll
> happily live with that. If Erik improves his code with
> or without your help all the better.
>
> David, I read your posts knowing I'll learn something
> and it seems obvious that both you and him are
> talented. I think we're all better off for having both
> of you participating and hope it stays that way.

Well put, thanks Ron.

Such is the nature of the discussion, that not being much of a techie, I'd
blurred over it. I thank Erik every time I convert a soundfile. In fact I'm
really grateful to you all and that's the thought I'd like to hold.

cheers

tim hall