[linux-audio-user] Lightweight Jack Client & LADSPA host

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Sun Jan 9 13:21:13 EST 2005

Hi All,

I was thinking about combining the functionality of the simple jack client
(from the example_clients), and apply_plugin (from the LADSPA SDK), but
before I do so, I was wondering if anyone knew of such a beast.

I'm looking for something as lightweight as possible, thats command line
driven with a minimal amount of user interface. I'm aware of ecasound,
but that was giving me trouble after bringing 3 or 4 ecasound sessions
up.

(In fairness, I think it was also somewhat realtime/kernel related, rather
than purely an ecasound issue)

Before I go ahead, and attempt to hack the two together (and try and fix
the memory leak issues documented in apply_plugin), has anyone already
done this, or know of such a beast ?

Iain