[linux-audio-user] midisport 2x2

pirrone pirrone at localnet.com
Mon Jul 4 16:27:34 EDT 2005

svoufff wrote:

>I'm having problem too with my midisport 2x2.Wether with kernels 2.6.12-2
>or 2.6.12-3, it is not powered by its usb port.Does yours powered on (green
>light) ?
>The trick i'm using right now is booting first Windows that powers it
>correctly then rebooting to demudi.Then it's correctly powered.If i stop the
>machine and start it straight to demudi, it's never powered.
>Hope it works for you.but that's jiust a workaround (not very funny to boot
>windows first...)

Firmware has to be loaded into the Midisport 2x2 for it to operate.  In
Windows this is done by whatever software was installed for this device,
and in Linux hotplug calls fxload to do the same.

The whole story and firmware are available under
ezusbmidi_2002_11_17.noarch.rpm or whatever other format you need.

With Fedora Core 3 running on 2.6.11-1.27FC3smp the 2x2 fires right up
when plugged in or if already plugged, at bootup.  Fxload is already
present in /sbin, two files (loader instructions and devices map) go in
/etc/hotplug/usb, and two firmware files go in /usr/share/usb/ezusbmidi
- it's just that simple.

Frank