[linux-audio-user] Ardour created stuff

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:36:12 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:53:21 -0500, Allan Wind
<allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com> wrote:
> On 2005-03-28T10:09:05-0800, Noah Roberts wrote:
> > No, he didn't.  Well, two things.  First, you can still listen if you
> > want.  Second, imho that is pretty lame...like I said, unless you are
> > willing to provide the bandwidth and harddrive space for the same
> > price...
>
> You can think what you want about my unwillingness to register on your
> preferred site, but wanted to at least address your question as to why
> those tracks will not get as wide an audience as they probaby deserve.

That is fine.  If you don't want to register you don't have to.  You
can listen to the hi-fi stream all you want.  You can use xmms to save
that stream to disk if you so desire.  If you don't want to register,
there is nothing that says you must.  I don't like being lectured
about soundclick.  They provide a great service to me not offered by
ANYONE else.  "Please provide these someplace else," is what is rude,
and pointless.

> I really enjoyed the tracks you made available without registration.
> Wish that I one day will be that good.

They all should be...and I see that they are.

> Not sure if you realize, but your style of communication is quite rude.
> I am surprised that Mark offered you resources, but I suppose he has a
> higher tolerance for this than me.

He didn't offer any service from what I can see.  All he did was
complain about the one I use and say he "used to" provide space but no
longer does.  Not very helpful, that.

Yes, when people are rude to me, I am rude back.  Sorry that offends
you.  I did nothing wrong in offering my music on soundclick.  I don't
need, nor deserve, to be lectured about that.  If you want to ride on
a high horse about it, please keep it to yourself.