[linux-audio-user] Sofsynths & ALSA MIDI Questions

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Sat May 14 20:49:19 EDT 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 12:11:07AM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 14 May 2005 15:09, NiXO Beee wrote:
> > Hi out there,
> >
> > Well, I'm trying to setup a machine aimed at running softsynths and plugins
> > (natives synths, LADSPA plugins and jack_fst ones as well).
> >
> > This is a machine based around a Sound Blaster Live!, with an nforce2
> > chipset.
> >
> > I compiled a 2.6.11 kernel with the realtime lsm patch, and everything is
> > running smoothly, with a very decent latency.
> >
> > SB Live's MIDI ins and outs are working well when I plug my PC88 in.
> >
> > Then compiled jack, wine, jack_fst, dssi and such.
> > Then installed some softsynths RPMS, and a bunch of free VSTis.
> >
> > Here is my problem :
> > -jack_fst's plugins respond to after touch in a strange way : they change
> > presets according to pressure. I recorded some midi to check what was going
> > on, and Muse and Rosegarden as well are recording plain vanilla after
> > touch, so I do not understand what's going on...

you are seeing a bug in jack_fst.
i did not have a midi keyboard when i developed it, and used vkeybd
which does not do aftertouch.

look in vsti.c and SND_SEQ_EVENT_CHANPRESS:
either find the correct midi code for chanpress or uncomment it
if you find the correct on mail it to me.

and i send you xfst.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language