[linux-audio-user] [ANN] WhySynth DSSI softsynth

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Oct 9 13:21:58 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Introducing WhySynth, a DSSI softsynth plugin.

Mmmmmh....

[...]

> WhySynth is a work in progress.  Actually, since the kid was born,
> progress has slowed to a near-utter standstill, but if I can't
> release often, I might as well release early.

Thanks a lot for writing and sharing the code. Further efforts, if any,
will be really appreciated.

I did not intensively test it, but it looks very promising. Like the
concept. An extra thanks for all the example patches.

Some short observations:

* When plaing the kid from a MIDI keyboard, there's an audible delay
between releasing the key until the note gets cut off.

* Pedal hold gets recognized, but notes are only held until I release
the last note. This way I cannot hold a note via the pedal and tweak
parameters.

Anyway, a great piece of software. A great addition to ALSA Modular
Synth and ZynAddSubFX.

Thanks!

Best regards

    ce