[linux-audio-user] Re: Programming Tempo Changes in Hydrogen

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 05:28:38 EDT 2005

On 10/9/05, Spencer Russell <Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu> wrote:
> I've never tried it personally, but you should be able to just
> put the tempo change in Ardour, then sync it all up with Jack.

I tried that, but it seems that hydrogen just gets the new information
about the tempo and the current time in the song and than recalculates
it position in bars:beats and jumps to the position -> ugly noises and
hydrogen being out-of-sync is the result.

I think currently you have to program your tempo-map two times: in
ardour for the final mix and in muse/rosegarden to use this to drive
the midi-sequencing of the drums. Than mix/export the drums and import
them into the ardour-session...

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/