Skype and LAU (Was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Skype + emu10k1)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 4 05:32:25 EDT 2006

Hallo,
Gene Heskett hat gesagt: // Gene Heskett wrote:

> I tend to disagree with this,

Good. Disagreement makes the world go round.

> after all skype is another form of audio usage that linux can do.
> Since I have in effect 2 audio cards, the one on the motherboard,
> not having near as many bells and whistles as the audigy 2 value, is
> isolated for use with skype, and all other system sounds are routed
> to the audigy.  Someone on this list helped me achieve this, and
> I'll be only too glad to help someone else in a similar endeavor.

I think this is a slightly different issue. Getting two soundcards to
run and play nice with different applications is a general linux audio
question.

I'm more targetting questions like: "Skype doesn't make any sound,
what can I do?" The only answer we can give is: "Does aplay work? Yes?
Then you may contact the upstream authors of Skype, and tell them to
fix their bugs or better yet use a free software to deliver your free
speech through the net."

Ciao