[linux-audio-user] Focusrite Saffire LE vs. Presonus Firebox

Peter Finnegan petespin at att.net
Wed Dec 13 16:06:30 EST 2006

I use a presonus firebox with good results under the released freebob
1.0.  Jack allows me to do what I need to with the device (e.g. set
samplerate, latency, etc).  I recently recorded a high school Christmas
concert (the school that I teach at) last friday with good results.  My
signal chain:  1pr Rode NT4's -->aphex107 preamp -->firebox line in's.
I had no xruns or ardour dropping jack for the whole 1.5 hour concert.

I would imagine the firepod to have similar results to the firebox.

PF