[linux-audio-user] Re: Just JAMin

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Dec 21 19:53:25 EST 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:16:38 -0500
lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:22:46 -0500
> Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> écrivait:
>
> >>   Is there an easier way to record a JAMin mix than by using
> >> Ardour ?
>
> > I usually add an insert to the master channel in Ardour and connect it
> > to JAMin.  Then when it sounds the way I want, I simply do an export.
>
>   In the mixer window I clicked on 'output' and then 'edit' so that I
> get the 'output master' dialog box in which we see options such as 'add
> an output', 'remove an output', 'disconnect the whole thing'.

Close, but not quite.

First, it's important to make sure that you start jamin with the -p option.
By default, it starts with its ports mapped by default to the alsa_pcm
I/O ports (I think).  The -p argument starts it with all ports unconnected.

To add the insert, right-click in the big black area over the master fader.
Choose New Insert, then click on the new insert (insert 1) and right-click
to choose edit.

Conect outputs 1&2 on the left to the Jamin in_L and in_R ports, and do the
same with the inputs on the right.

Jamin is now in the signal path just before the master fader.  Have at it!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com