[linux-audio-user] Re: Just JAMin

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Thu Dec 21 19:57:22 EST 2006

This is the way I do it.

Start JACK using qjackctl (or whatever way you want to do it).  Start
your Ardour session.  Add a stereo track to the session (call it JAMin
master).  Disconnect the outputs from the JAMin master track from
everything.  Start JAMin.  In the JAMin Ports menu select inputs and
connect Ardour master out 1 and 2 to JAMin inputs.  Make sure that the
Ardour master outs are only connected to the JAMin inputs.  Make sure
that all other track outputs (other than JAMin master) are connected to
Ardour master and not to any alsa playback ports.  In the JAMin Ports
menu connect JAMin outputs to Ardour->JAMIN master inputs and also alsa
playback 1 and 2.  At this point DO NOT record enable the JAMin master
track in Ardour.  Press play in Ardour and run through the song, setting
your JAMin EQ/compression/limiter settings and any scenes that you might
want for different sections of the song (verse, chorus, bridge, etc).
Run through it a few times until you get it where you want it.  Now you
can record enable the JAMin master track in Ardour and then press
play/record.  Switch scenes as needed.  I would suggest setting the
JAMin limiter to -0.1 dB instead of 0.0 due to possible overs when
converting to OGG at a later time.  When you have finished recording the
JAMin master track, Export the session and select just the JAMin master
outs.

Jan

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69

arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride'"