[linux-audio-user] keeping alsa stable

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:53:34 EST 2006

Laura Conrad wrote:

> Nothing is changed by "apt-get update" except the list of things that
> can be installed by "apt-get ...".  You probably meant to say "apt-get
> upgrade".

Sure, stupid typo...

> If you really need to not have something updated, you should pin it.

Yeah I know pinning and used it sometimes. But I still need to know how
much the packages "alsa", "alsa-base", "alsautils", "alsa-utils"
"alsa-tools" and "libasound2" can break the stability of alsa...

I mean they contain the userspace tools I presume. And the only tool I
explicitly use is aconnect. But others might be needed for alsa to work
correctly...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte