[linux-audio-user] Debian 2.6.14 alsa problems

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Fri Jan 6 09:58:30 EST 2006

    TO> On the SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack switch:

    TO> Set it On and try to play a midi file.  If no go, then
    TO> Set if Off and retry the midi file.

I think I tried that.  That is, there's a line in Alsamixer called <SB
Live> which can't be adjusted but can be muted or not, and the Item:
blurb is "SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack", and I've tried with
that both muted and not.  Neither causes MIDI sounds to come out of
the speakers when I used aplaymidi.

    TO> I no longer use a Live! card (blew the card with too hot of recording
    TO> levels and replaced it with an Audigy 2), but this switch is crucial
    TO> for hearing anything out of your speakers on Creative cards.

That doesn't seem to be true; timidity plays in both positions.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011