[linux-audio-user] Re: Motu Traveler

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Jun 6 06:39:41 EDT 2006

On Sunday 04 June 2006 17:14, Carlo Capocasa was like:
> On the contrary. Your e-mail will set in motion a chain of events that
> will lead to MOTU traveller support. Just don't give up! After all,
> businesses are only there to serve people and are sometimes a little
> sluggish when it comes to numbers... Also, due to Richard Stallman's
> occasional screamingness when it comes to biz in general they are
> probably a little cautious with linux. There simply need be a little bit
> of propaganda that working with linux can lead to large profits, and
> that working with linux profitably need not compromise the Open Source
> spirit.
>
> Nothing easier than that :) Just need to keep thinking about it.

In principle you are right Carlo, positive thinking usually works, however, I
think you have a loose *earth connection*. MOTU have made a hard-headed
business decision not to support Linux AFAICT. Your "little bit of
propaganda" is likely to get dismissed as just that. Changing their minds
will take skillful arguments and positive action from users, like Yohann and
many others. I feel you underestimate MOTU, they need serious convincing if
they are ever to take Linux seriously and that will take weight of numbers.
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim
We are the people We've been waiting for.