[linux-audio-user] Intel HDA and Jack

I. E. Smith-Heisters public at 0x09.com
Tue Jun 13 14:24:35 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my Intel HD Audio chipset and jack, and was
wondering if any of you might have some tips. I'm running Ubuntu
Dapper, and everything works fine out of the box. ESD works, aplay
works, etc.. When I start jackd the xruns fly by about as fast as they
can. If I start it with RT enabled, it just times out and crashes.
I've experimented with lots of different flags, but this is an
example:

jackd -dhw:0 -p256 -r48000 -n2

Of course, the snd-hda-intel module is loaded, or basic alsa stuff
wouldn't work. Also, I've been sure to start in fluxbox and do a 'ps
ax' just to be sure no other audio apps were interfering with device.
I've never run into this sort of thing before, where jackd won't work,
but aplay will. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Ian Smith-Heisters
--
http://0x09.com