[linux-audio-user] Recording ADAT inputs on RME hammerfall 9636/52

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:55:30 EDT 2006

On 6/21/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/20/06, Stephen Cameron <smcameron at yahoo.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > > I suspect, for no good reason, that the mixer and the Hammerfall
> > > wouldn't be happy if the Hammerfall is really running at 22K.
> >
> > Ok.  I don't know what to make of that.
>
> Nor I. We need to figure this out. If the card is truly not running at
> 44/48K then I suspect your mixer will give you no sound, as it seems
> to be.
>
> <SNIP>

> Maybe you can do something similar and see what you discover?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

BTW - You can always take the ADAT cable and connected it from the
output back to an input, send audio out and then see if you can record
audio coming back in. It's a simple test to make sure the
Alsa/Hammerfall set up is actually working. If that fails the problem
is in your Linux setup, or the ADAT cables. If it works then it's
either in the mixer or an interface problem where the mixer and the
Hammerfall are not somehow compatible. (Or how you've configured your
mixer I suppose....