[linux-audio-user] Re: Digital mixer suggestions

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Fri Jun 23 05:50:01 EDT 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 10:59, Carlo Capocasa was like:
> Well, I do constantly praise the many advantages of the linux
> platform... I noticed however that there is still significant lock-out
> due to the command line. Ubuntu is IMHO a very large step towards a
> larger user base, now all we need to do there is make audio
> configuration command-line-free and I'd say we're set for mass migration.
> Oh yeah and Dave Robillard's MIDI for Ardour project is music. Pure music.

Fair enough, I understand that most migrators find the Command Line scary,
however please bear in mind that the Command Line Interface is part of the
beauty of a Linux system for experienced users, it is not something that
should be brushed under the carpet, it should be celebrated and its use
encouraged. That said, CLI free configuration is a sensible move so long as
it doesn't break the text-based approach, which considering the modular
nature of a Linux system is fairly unlikely in most cases.
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim
We are the people We've been waiting for.