[linux-audio-user] Sad Angel (n)

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Mon Nov 6 14:46:53 EST 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:09:33 +0100
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 10:56:45PM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> > Well, I just knew I would still be dissatisfied with this, so I've
> > tried again.
> >
> > One day I'll get it right - but probably only for one day :(
> >
> > Actually I've changed the voices quite a bit this time, and sort of
> > rediscovered harmonies that had got lost.
> >
> > Here is the (n)th version.
> >
> > (I don't know. I've lost count)
> >
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Sad_Angel.ogg
>

> Sheesh, you really make one want to download this ... ;)

Well that's got to be good :)

> This piece makes me expect movements like I know from church
> music, but they just don't happen. Should come down to some
> inbetween-notes. Being rather ignorant in that area, I
> wouldn't know how to be more specific.

I'm really not at all sure what you mean here. However, I've worked on
this piece (off and on) for such a long time that one problem I have is
that ANY change now sounds 'wrong' for quite a while.

> Keeping to a specific style, fullfilling cliches ... not
> necessarily a good thing, but in this case it would be
> quite fitting, I think.

I really don't have any idea as to what style this should be regarded
as. I just played what I felt.

--
Will J G