[linux-audio-user] Re: Song (i.e. project) managers ?

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 05:38:19 EDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >
> > LASH is a "session manager" that some (but not all) apps already
> > support. It is supposed to do what you need but I have not tested it
> > personally.
> >

> I've been thinking about this recently and have come to the conclusion
> that the reason no one is adopting LASH is not because we don't want it
> but because the documentation is damn confusing.
>
> It's not that there is no info but that it is so verbose and not
> straightforward enough for most programmers.
>
> I would like to know if others have the same opinion.
>
> It's not like DR is purposefully trying to make it difficult to
> integrate. On the other hand Dave is not exactly reknown for taking on
> the easy audio tasks or being interested in dumbing down his language on
> the lists.

Might not be anything to do with Dave, the docs were damn confusing
before Dave took over as well. Things are improving though, Nedko has
written python bindings so once you've got the handlers defined it's a
one line thing to add lash support to python apps. Guess some extra
docs and example wouldn't go astray though and some good user docs.

Loki