[LAU] Re: Re: DAW usability

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Jun 16 16:14:37 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 17:45 +0200, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> Jan Depner:
> >    I didn't say never complain.  I said quit whining.  I haven't seen a
>
> No, you didn't. (none of your 4 points contained anything about
> complaining, at least not without whining in another place than
> this forum, whatever the point of doing that is). But its good to see that
> you might agree that complaining might be a good thing though...
>

> > single post in this thread that had a single constructive piece of
> > advice on how to correct the perceived problems with Ardour.  It is OK
> > to tell them you are not satisfied with it but how about asking for
> > specific fixes to specific problems?
>
> No, there have been constructive posts here. Just look at Traverso, which
> was the start of this discussion. Traverso has many nice ideas. Thats
> constructive, and Thorsten also seemed to agree that a couple of things in
> traverso is very nice.
>
> The impression I get from your (and some others) posts here though, is
> that if you say antyhing negative about ardour, someone will
> answer with large emotional posts how great ardour is. And thats _not_
> constructive. But I agree, ardour is great, but I also think it could be
> much better, and I think people should be encouraged to say what they
> think about it and not be afraid of being flamed for doing so. I have a
> feeling there might be a little bit of group thinking going on here about
> ardour, and in case there is, thats _very bad_.

    Not true!  I only get really pissed off if anyone says anything
negative about JAMin ;-)  Actually, I like constructive criticism.  My
problem with this thread is that the subject was never approached with a
"gee, wouldn't it be nice if Ardour..." attitude.  It was basically
"Ardour sucks and everything else is much better".  When I see that type
of criticism my response is usually - either do better or go elsewhere.
I have a great deal of respect for Paul Davis and the rest of the Ardour
crew so I don't really appreciate people bad mouthing them or saying
that their efforts are crap.  If someone wants to make things better
they need to provide useful input.  If you enjoy receiving garbage like
most of what has been presented in this thread then more power to you.
I will continue to be annoyed by ungrateful whiners.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69

arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride'"