[linux-audio-user] Re: guitar amp emulation

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Wed Mar 7 05:29:37 EST 2007

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Julien Claassen escribe:
>
>>   Have heard both POD and VAmp. I liked them both, they are great pieces of
>> hardware. Thought about getting a POD myself, for processing analogue
>> leadsounds.
>>

> I love how the POD sounds. Their simple delay patches sound a lot like
> U2 and you don't have to spend your fee for a vintage Korg digital
> delay unit. And cabinet simulations are also lovely. Very worth how
> much it costs.
>
> Regarding Behringer, they're ok doing outboard but not so ok regarding
> creative equipment. I own a Marshall JTM amp and obviously I'd never
> spend a buck in a Behringer amp.
>
> Cordially, Ismael

I own a Zoom G2.1u:

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/Hope.ogg

You can hear it on this track of mine (the guitar is a Fender
Stratocaster standard):

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/Hope.ogg
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/Hope.mp3
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/download/music/Hope.flac

It's very good for the money, IMO. And you can use it as an audio card,
too, via USB, altought at 44.1Khz /16bit (works on linux). Otherwise,
the ADC / DAC are 96Khz / 24bit.

The only thing that I miss is the ability to save/edit patches via pc,
but the unit is very easy to program.

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com