[LAU] A pc without noise!

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Jan 17 07:13:34 EST 2008

Paul Winkler wrote:
> My computer is still not silent, but it's pretty quiet.
At long last I've replaced the video card in my JAD box. I put in a
silent GeForce 7600GS, just like in my 64Studio machine, and that
incredibly annoying fan noise is *gone*.

Now I can hear the hard drive much better. :-/

Dang. The card fan noise masked the sound of the drive, so now I need to
figure a way to silence that component. Fortunately the baffle solutions
look like they'll work for me, so I won't be buying another case.

It's always something, isn't it ?

Best,

dp