[LAU] Large live recrodings ?

Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen sv-e at sv-e.dk
Thu Jul 3 02:28:02 EDT 2008

Hi

I'm no techie but isn't the calculation regarding how fast your harddisk
must be quite simple, if we assume working in 44100KHz ?

A normal CD delivers 150Kb pr. second and its two tracks, so storing
multichannelrecordings in 44100 must be something like 75Kb per second X
times as X is the number of tracks.

I have no doubts that my Lenove T61P with sata disk can store more than
the 75Kb * 18 my RME Multiface offer, else the thing is broken.

/Sv-e