[LAU] Recording Equipment

Sean Darby sean at seandarby.com
Mon Nov 3 15:15:03 EST 2008

> > If I get a mixer with the "Delta 1010LT", will I need the ADA8000?
> >
> > Does the 1010LT already serve as an A/D D/A converter?
> >

> Yes, the Delta 1010LT already serves as an A/D D/A (they're on the PCI board).
> And it won't take any outboard converters bigger than a two-channel S/PDIF
> interface (a mic-Pre i.e with digital outs).

By "outboard converter" do you mean something kind of like the Behringer
ADA8000 A/D D/A converter?

I think that is 8 channels, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be appropriate
for use with the Delta 1010LT.

Do you mean that a separate 2-channel mic pre-amp unit that converts A/D
(from the XLR to S/PDIF) would work with something like the 1010LT?

If I do get a mixer, like the analog Yamaha MG166C, I'm guessing I can
get an extra pair of XLR cables and hook those 2 cords from the mixer
into the 2 XLRs on the 1010LT device. Or am I totally backwards? ;)

> Good luck,
>
> Raphael ;)

Thank you! :)

Sean