[LAU] Using third-party (commercial or not) .gig files with LinuxSampler

Rubin rubin at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 14 08:38:49 EST 2008

Hi All,

Recently I've started playing with LinuxSampler + Fantasia front-end and
I'm extremely impressed. I'm currently only using it to record Piano
using the excellent free "maestro concert grand v2" .gig that you can
download from the LinuxSampler website.

I want to create a library of .gig files so I can have more sounds at my
disposal and I was wondering about peoples' experiences in using
commercial or otherwise third-party .gig files with LinuxSampler; How
compatible is LinuxSampler in your experience(s)?

Second, I have a rather extensive EXS24 library and I was wondering how
doable a conversion of this libraries' sounds to .gig fileformat would
be (are there tools to do this, can you do it yourself using smart
scripting tricks, etc).

Kind regards,

Rubin Simons.