[LAU] presonus firepod problems

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Dec 8 16:00:48 EST 2009

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 21:30:32 Iain Duncan wrote:
> Thanks Harmut! A few questions:
> - so the blue light will not turn blue again until jack is running with
> freebob?

The blue light stands for streaming _and_ synced. It will light up when
running streaming alone. It will not light up when you set sync to spdif when
no spdif source is connected while you try to start streaming.

> - should /dev/raw1394 appear as soon as I turn it on/plug it in? ( It's not
> doing that, though it appears if I modprobe raw1394 )

Only if you use the old firewire stack. Make sure there are no modules loaded
with firewire in their names. Then make sure ohci1394 and raw1394 are loaded.

> - is the firewire driver freebob or FFADO?

"jackd -dfirewire" will use the new FFADO driver.
"jackd -dfreebob" will use the older FreeBob driver.
Both work fine with the firepod, but only ffado-mixer allows to set the sync-
source. But you can use ffado-mixer to control the settings while using freebob
for streaming:-)

Have fun,

Arnold