[LAU] hdspmixer: HwDep ioctl failed. Metering stopped

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Feb 24 04:39:29 EST 2009

> So, he isn't 100% sure how to check the firmware version.  He is "definitely
> using old firmware" and he thinks it is 011 / 151 as recommended.  Can someone
> tell me exactly how he can check it?  He has access to a windoze boot.

afaict, the last firmware update is about 5 years old. so i would
basically forget about a possible firmware version mismatch. i guess the
dmesg log is way more interesting than the firmware version.

are you always able to reproduce the issue or does it work sometimes and
sometimes not? i am experiencing a similar issue, hdspmixer doesn't show
levels, but i cannot reproduce it reliably. usually, reloading the
driver fixes the issue on my machine.

best, tim

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
  Confucius