[LAU] ACPI, HW and Jack issues? "[solved]"

MarcO'Chapeau marco at marcochapeau.org
Fri May 15 04:27:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009 12:20:58 -0500 (CDT), Brent Busby <brent at keycorner.org>
wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
>
>> just as with the proprietary nvidia driver for  my previos GPU,
>> the proprietary ATI driver don't play nice with the rt-kernel, but I
have
>> much quicker and stable sustem with the ST GPU. So I guess that it's a
>> problem
>> with the Ubuntu RT-kernel (2.6.28-3-rt) and possible in combination with
>> some
>> motherboard issues that I haven't figured out yet.
>
> I'm planning on running a recent Radeon with the new free ATI driver
> (called 'radeonhd?').  Is that going to be a problem?

Hi !

This, I can reply to :)

Now that we start to see some working free drivers for ATI cards, one
should use the name fglrx when referring to the proprietary drivers. The
fglrx drivers are the ones that have issues with the -rt kernels. You
should be safe with the xf86-video-radeonhd or xf86-video-ati driver (yes,
even with a radeonHD card, xf86-video-ati will work). Although remember
that on r6xx and r7xx chipsets, both drivers are far from bug free
(although it does work for me for everyday use).

Cheers,
Marc-Olivier Barre.
------
Participez au black-out anti-HADOPI :