[LAU] Bristol B3 and stuck notes

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 17:42:19 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am dealing with an issue with Bristol where the B3 emulator uniquely exhibits stuck notes. None of the other emulators seem to show this problem and all debuging to date indicates that this is not an external issue such as lost MIDI messages, etc. The B3 has a lump of code that emulates all 92 tonewheel whenever a key is pressed, it chews up a nice amount of CPU and this may be related to note event management sequences that might be buggy.

Now the guy who reported the issue sees it regularly, he just needs to play a sequence of notes quickly and eventually one will stick on until pressed again. For the life of me I cannot reproduce this on my dev system, after hours and hours of playing.

The bristol B3 is perhaps not the most popular example of hammond emulators but has anybody seen this?

Regards,

Nick.