[LAU] I Flying - new instrumental

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Sun Nov 1 16:22:17 EST 2009

Hi lanas,

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, lanas wrote:

> How does one gets a snaredrum on a jack-port of it's own ?  Is it
> possible to use Hydrogen as a sound source to do that ?  If I could
> just get some Hydrogen outputs on their own Ardour channels I'd be
> glad, instead of doing the percussions in several takes, each take
> dedicated to some parts of the drum set.

There's a few ways to accomplish this... but the simplest way is this:

1. Use Hydrogen 0.9.4
2. Set JACK as the audio driver in Hydrogen.  Check
    the box to enable "per-instrument outputs."
3. An output port will be created for each instrument
    in your current drum kit.  If you want to track each
    instrument in Ardour... you can use these.
4. Hydrogen accepts MIDI-in if you are using a different
    sequencer.  The note # determines which instrument
    sounds.

HTH,
Gabriel