[LAU] Voice pop-remover Plugin for Linux

Viktor Mastoridis viktor at mastoridis.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 04:59:03 EDT 2009

Well, yesterday I was doing some mixing for a singer, and the little pops
that seemed harmless, when added compressor and reverb seemed like
explosions. She was not here, I couldn't re-record it and it needed to be
ready by 10pm last night. I have already spent more than an hour to try and
play the pops with limiters/compressors, but they made it worst. I spend a
lot of time searching for any possible plugins - I discovered that I could
buy Cool Edit Pro for 2000$ and then buy the Pop-Remover plugin for it for
further 1700$.... This is when I thought about this list.

So yes, I didn't get the joke.
It's my fault, though, as I shouldn't post questions and excpect 'proper'
answer while actively working on a project - it adds to the stress, rather
then takes it away.
So yes, I couldn't believe my eyes - I am stressed out, and suddenly half
the comunitty is mocking?
Well, this was an unusual discovery of Linux's sense of humor ;-]

I ended up working the volume automation, sample by sample, which reduced
the pop-amounts to a bearable level.

Thanks for all your replies, serious and humorous.

Viktor