[LAU] OT: Microphone choice for pipe organ

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 11:19:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Monty Montgomery <xiphmont at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd try a pair of cheap "measurement" mikes like the T-bone MM-1,
>> Behringer ECM8000 etc. They're omni and the capsule is certainly
>> small !
>
> The Behringers are very noisy, and they vary wildly in characteristics
> from unit to unit.  They're literally made with whatever was cheapest
> that day from any given supplier.

I have to agree on the noise level of the ECM8000 but also have to
mention how much I now like Omni mics, i have a pair and leave them at
the end of the room and it just sounds good! :) Minimum time spent
fiddling with mics and other stuff and max time spent with my guitars.
:) I use the ECM8000's much more often than my collection of nice
condensers now.

Loki