[LAU] Music made with linux: Modlys/Flow

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 17:21:55 EST 2010

Nice work. Especially when you set yourself a goal to make an album in
one month and accomplish it. It also has some dark sounds like you
promised :)
I have to listen it again to have more in depth comments.

[offtopic]
One thing is popping up in my head, after listening quit a bit to music
made with Renoise, posted on this list and other places at the internet.
The music made on Renoise sounds good most of the time, but I get the
feeling that there might also be a negative aspect of the tool. I'm not
sure if I'm right about this and not sure about what it is exactly but I
think that 1) you can hear that people use the same tool, e.g. they have
similarities in sounds/rhythms/musical tricks... 2) the mixing is always
sounding 'smooth' in my ear, a bit too smooth maybe. The first music I
heard made in Renoise sounded really good in my ear, but I feel I'm
getting a bit bored about it sometimes.... not sure what it is...

'The medium is the message'... mhh
[/offtopic]

Regards,

\r