[LAU] Music made with linux: Modlys - uden dig (dub remix)

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Sun Nov 7 14:51:37 UTC 2010

On 2010-11-07 15:01, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> Very nice song, text, arr, production and mix. I really enjoy it. Your wife is
> a versatile singer and I also like that use of deep bass (that some listeners
> might not notice). :-)

Thanks alot for the kind words!

> It is some thing my tinnitus affected ears (and also what's between them)
> would like to know: May I ask which tools do you use - apart from Renoise -
> anything from the room and micks and up to eq, filters, fx and monitors?

Well some sounds stems from other software, the synth in the vocoder
backing was done in om (pre-ingen) years ago. One of the basses (the
short one) was done in energyXT2 (when I was running that).

The room is my "music office/home studio", the mic is SE USB2200
connected to edirol FA66, my composition monitors are some old solid
state smallish monitors, and I cross reference with my larger (incl
subwoofer) B&W home stereo + we did the tune live last night on a large
in-house PA.

EQ, filters and other effects are all build-in renoise effects +
mdaTalkBox (vocoder backing) and a single TAP stereo echo

Feels equally geeky and self centered to talk about all these details,
but I'm glad you liked the sound of it all :-)

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk