[LAU] Arranging furniture in a room

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Oct 19 13:25:45 UTC 2010

Hi Julien,

unless you put your speakers and pc in direct contact with the radiator, it
should not be a problem. Even cables that have a direct connection should
survive that just fine. Standard specs says 150°C and as we are in Germany,
they will actually survive two to three times of that. (For selling them with
150°C specs, they must withstand 300°C, for engineers using them in
installation, they must withstand 450°C to get the 150°C sign...)

Just keep ~15cm between your pc and the radiator and it should be okay... Of
course, opening the window becomes a problem when your desk is to filled-up.

If you fill the shelve with uneven objects, that is good too. Better spend the
clothings for walls not covered in shelve or drawers.

I have my keyboards at the right of my desk (in an L-shape). I noticed a few
years ago that right is the better side for it so I can play with the right
hand and control the mouse/keyboard with my left hand without crossing arms.

I am kind of wondering because the normal things I would put up to reduce
reflections while being aesthetic, would be posters, pictures and maybe cloths-
artwork. But for you it doesn't really have to look nice (only for visitors),
just feel and sound right...

Have fun,

Arnold