[LAU] Audacity compressor in ardour and organising plug ins in audacity

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sat Sep 4 17:37:42 UTC 2010

On 4 September 2010 at 8:26, Thomas Hedegaard <thomas at vector.dk> wrote:

> > Are you using Audacity on XP or Linux?  The set of Windows
> > plugins isn't the same as the set of Linux plugins.  Does that
> > compressor show up under Audacity's "Effect" pull-down menu?
> > What's the name of that effect?  I see a large overlap in
> > available plugins between Audacity and Ardour, maybe because I
> > use LADSPA for both.
> >
> I use audacity for linux

Good.

> the compressor I talk about is this the one that is first in
> the drop down menu called compression (before the ladspa ones
> that is filed under numbers 1-250).

I'm not certain where that compressor comes from.  If it's an
audacity built-in, then I wouldn't know if it could be used with
ardour, nor how to do that.  But, I suspect that it can't be used
with ardour; that's just my guess.  Are there any of the LADSPA
compressors which suit your needs?  Those could be used with both
audacity and ardour.

Sorry to not be much help....

--
Kevin