[LAU] gx_head accessibility question/request

S. Massy lists at smassy.andropov.org
Mon Feb 21 00:04:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:28:12AM +0100, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Am 16.02.2011 20:43, schrieb S. Massy:
> >Hey again,
> >

> >BTW, has anybody found a good clean setting with gx_head?
>
> I made a preset called "krystallic" for my Ibanez RG RX, that sounds
> really crisp for me. You can find it under "Presets/Factory
> Settings/zettberlin".
Ies, I've tried it; very fun to play with, but it was still breaking up
a little for me.

> At the moment I work on more presets including clean stuff with a RG565.
Look forward to trying it.

> Please note, that gx_head reacts quite like a real amp to the
> guitar-signal(and that is, what I like so much about
> guitarix/gx_head ;-) ) .
>
> Thus the input-gain has a strong influence on the results. So if a
> preset does not sound as expected, try to fiddle a little with your
> system mixer (keep gain just below 0db) and with gx_heads Pre Gain -
> control.
What you say makes perfect sense. I guess I'm too used to a real amp; I
played with the pots on my guitar, but neglected the preamp gain on my
soundcard. I guess you usually  keep it pretty low?

Cheers,
S.M.