[LAU] cello-like synthesizer?

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 09:20:22 UTC 2011

Hi Cedric,

Wild project. I would expect the cello synthesis to be less work than the hand
tracking but that is only my opinion. Have you thought of using Kinnect, you
could eventually sell the app as 'Air Cello Hero'.

There are plenty of synths on Linux that could give you an approximation of
a cello and if your motion tracking code can send out MIDI events then it
would be easy to integrate with any of them - pitch and mod wheel would
give you interesting results. Don't have references for any experimental code
but you might find some that is more realistic than a synth with regards to
some of the cello tonality.

Regards, nick.

"we have to make sure the old choice [Windows] doesn't disappear”.
Jim Wong, president of IT products, Acer