[LAU] timemachine bug

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat Jan 22 10:57:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:49:38AM +0100, Philipp Überbacher wrote:

> Anyway, I don't know whether this is a timemachine or audacity error.
> The error probably won't occur with an audio editor that doesn't require
> you to connect during playback.

I just did a short test with timemachine and a signal from a soundcard:

* connect first input
* wait a few secs
* connect second input
* start timemachine recording for a few seconds

Of course in the recorded file the second channel starts later,
this is because timemachine has recorded ten seconds or so before
I actually started it and this includes the time the connections
were made. But the two signals are absoulute in sync, no problem.

I wonder how the OP notices that one channel is delayed by some
time - you can' see this with a sine wave...

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.