[LAU] RME analog out of phase to ADAT connected Behringer analog out

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Jun 14 11:45:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:48:42PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> No valid test, just a test to hear, if at least the sound quality of a
> (less good?) CD player is reached, fortunately it is reached, even with
> the elCheapo Terratec, 44.1 KHz it's quasi equal for the RME, Terratec,
> the CD player, when listening by the Behringer console.

Having measured a lot of RME gear I'd say that if you hear
any sonic defects on it using the sort of test you described
then the chances are one to a million that you are just
deluding yourself.

*IF* your hearing is really as acute as you suggest it is,
then the first thing you should be able to detect is that
all the channels of your Behringer mixer sound different,
much more so than the difference between any two pieces
of RME (or any other decent brand) equipment. Which BTW
is one more reason why your test is completely invalid.

Ciao,

--
FA