[LAU] RME analog out of phase to ADAT connected Behringer analog out

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jun 14 17:11:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 12:50 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:22:54 -0400
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> >     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ
> >
> > (a video that anyone with any pretensions to being an audio engineer
> > needs to watch, assuming they can listen to english).
>
> Wow.  I've been able to listen to about 20 minutes of this and I wanted
> to say thanks for posting this link.  This really is a fantastic
> opportunity to hear experts in the field clearly explain things that
> are really important for people who hope to advance their amateur
> recordings to another level.

In Germany we've got the VDT magazine
http://www.tonmeister.de/vdt/modules.php

I guess the AES has a magazine too
http://www.aes.org/ and don't confuse it with the SAE, that might be
good for the Linux audio community regarding to donations, but at least
it isn't a good school for engineering here in Germany. Before somebody
abuse me for this claim, please ask some audio engineer VDT, regarding
to the reputation of SAE in Germany, for sure there are some on Linux
audio lists ;).

As an amateur it might be not that easy to get the VDE magazine, but
since you seems to be not from Germany, perhaps you can get some stuff
from the AES.

But note, that you can't use all tips for top-notch for your home
recording studio.