[LAU] Output all audio on other computer's device?

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:15:25 UTC 2012

> People have managed it in the past with varying degrees of success. The >
standard method these days is to use pulseaudio's jack-sink over dbus.

FWIW, I had epic fails with dbus in Ubuntu 12.04.

> > I don't know why people still insist on making their lives more
difficult > that necessary. Pulse works just fine as a jack client.

> because pulse is a dog, and its latency blows?

Different configurations are right for different use cases. I run pulse
through jack for daily use, but I wouldn't do that in a concert. For
instance, I might want to have Skype open in a normal session, and that
seems to play best with pulseaudio. But I wouldn't use it in a performance,
in which case it's simple to start the jack server but not pulse.

hjh