[LAU] Ardour: delay in audio when recording

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Tue May 22 00:05:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012 06:46:52 -0700,
"Len Ovens" <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote :

> Yes hardware is best. Using envy24control or mudita24, go to the
> patchbay tab and select "Digital Mix L" and "Digital Mix R" as your
> output to 1and 2 outputs. Then on the first tab "Monitor Inputs"
> unmute the track(s) you are using for mic in and set the levels where
> you want. Then goto the next tab "Monitor PCMs" and set the levels of
> the audio coming from the Ardour tracks you already have. That will
> setup your monitor mix. The ardour inputs will see the levels set by
> the analog volume controls

Works quite nicely.  Moreover, I found out that it is possible to
route, using QJackCtl, individual Ardour track outputs to other playback
inputs (3,4,5, ... 1 and 2 being for Ardour's main mix) and then create
a custom monitoring mix using envy24control.  That's great.

Although it seems the number of Ardour tracks can easily outgrow the
number of system playback inputs.  I've never used busses in Ardour.
Next I will try to group certain tracks in a bus, then have the output
of a bus routed in a system playback input.

Is it possible to save and recall envy24control and QJackCtl
setups to save time in wiring stuff ?

Thanks.