[LAU] Ardour: does not create in specified directory

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Apr 6 22:12:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 18:04 -0400, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> So, no problem for the 3.x series to work with projects created with
> earlier versions I suppose.

IIRC it's recommended to backup Ardour 2 projects, before you use them
with Ardour 3. I guess I read on some list, that once a project was used
with Ardour 3, it can't be used with Ardour 2 anymore, so it's useful to
make a backup, just in case that you want or _need_ to work on a project
with Ardour 2.

I'm not good informed myself, that's why I configured the package
management not to upgrade from 2 to 3 at the moment.
[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# pacman -Syu
warning: ardour: ignoring package upgrade (2.8.16-1 => 3.0-1)