[LAU] [Fwd: Re: Fuck your sexism]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Feb 10 22:57:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, February 11, 2013 9:31 am, Al Thompson wrote:
> On 02/10/2013 03:15 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
>> I just showed my wife the wallpaper and asked her opinion. She loved
>> it and said this is not sexism.
>

> I honestly believe that sxdx has never actually talked to a woman about
> things like this.  I think he would be in for a rude awakening.

I don't think it was the harmless picture on the desktop that got him
going. If you look at the whole conversation and open both links while
imagining the outcome of the suggestion for how to display the random pics
you could easily come to the conclusion that it was a very chauvinist
moment on #LAD.

However that seems to be IRC in general so I'm not sure why SXDX was
particularly offended by that moment of sexism compared to any of the
other countless moments that we encounter it on a daily basis.

What is certain is that he was inspired to create a great piece of HARD
Core Grind with lyrics that may even go down in the history books for
their simplicity and impact. I'm also impressed with the speed at which he
managed to whip it off the production line too.

All up an inspired and/or inspiring moment.

I hope the track gets a lot of radio play in the coming years.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd