[LAU] MIDI note input by rhythm?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jan 14 12:01:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-14 at 12:44 +0100, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> > 3. The same idea, but for velocities, so I could easily create piano,
> >     fortes, crescendos, etc.
> - Not as extensive as note entry, but there *is* SHIFT + UP/DOWN arrows
> to increase/decrease velocity of selected notes (I think it goes in
> steps of 10) - the Adjust -> velocities -> set event velocities offers
> much more options

Qtractor has got a window to draw velocity for the notes with a pencil
and a tool to give a start and end value to add velocity ramps to
selected notes. I guess all sequencers have a tool to compress and
expand velocity values for selected notes.

I never learned to play keyboard, IMO it's less effort to play left and
right hand at a slower tempo one after the other, instead of editing
MIDI events. I wonder if I would benefit from a MIDI pick up for
guitars. I don't know how good and expensive they are today. IIRC the OP
is a guitarist too. Every 5 years I'm thinking of buying a MIDI pick up,
but until now I always cancel it. The early pick ups in the 80s didn't
fit close enough to my needs and where to expensive for me.

Regards,
Ralf